New communities in the negev
During the past 10 years, the state of Israel has faced a housing shortage, while especially effecting the young population. The Israeli government has invested tremendously, trying to find a solution for this problem, which is one of the Israel’s largest social challenges. This situation transforms the Negev into Israel’s housing solution for future generations, specifically for Israel’s young middle class adults.
Ayalim association is working together with government agencies in order to further new strategies, aimed to develop new cities and councils in the Negev by the year 2030.
The development of these cities will focus on, among other things, the construction of projects to promote employment and economic development.
The planning and execution of this will provide a long-term solution both for Ayalim alumni groups as well as for the young adult residing in these areas, seeking a high quality standard of living.
Ayalim’s alumni program integrates the needs of the local population while maximizing the potential of these areas towards social innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Authorities and regional councils in the Negev
- The residents of Ayalim villages and compounds—Kiryat Shemona, Neve Or, Neve Eitan, Dimona, and Sede Boker.
- New alumni communities in Lod, Cramim, Kibutz Erez, and Sheizaf.
- Strategic advancement and development of cities and councils in the Negev based upon holistic solutions suited for local communities.
- Creating awareness to the Negev and the Galilee while presenting these areas as attractive destinations for young people.
- To ensure the support of Ayalim alumni groups in their transition into permanent communities.
In collaboration with the municipality:
- Research and in-depth analysis of the current situation of target population; young families and adults aged 25-55.
- Research and analysis of Israel’s best communities, adopting community models towards our upcoming alumni communities.
- Identifying the unique benefits of each municipality, in terms of human capital and geographic location in order to create a tailor made solutions for young adults regarding employment, development of relevant research institutions, incentives for entrepreneurship, tourism, etc.
- Mapping out the needs of Ayalim alumni communities within the existing compounds
- Funding of a group facilitator to oversee and supervise the programs on behalf of the association
- Promoting meetings in the interest of expanding ties within the community
- Ongoing guidance and support of the group in its social formation while advancing their goals and actions together with the municipality
Measures of Success
- Development of housing solutions for new residents
- Expansion of the alumni groups by 30 % each year
- Every year, moving 2 alumni groups from Ayalim’s compounds to local sustainable communities